I've been using it everyday, so let's go into why this is so good, and how good it can get!
Bourjois Powder Brush
Do ignore the other three items, and pretend you can only see the brush. hahaha. So sorry that I've already removed the packaging from this brush.
I bought this together with my Big Drugstore Haul (Essence and Bourjois) way back in June. I quickly removed the packaging and placed it in a prominent position on my vanity because I think it looks and feel so good, that I wanted to quickly test it and review it for you, my readers.
And I am so glad that I quickly found good use for this!
Available: All Bourjois counters (BHG, Watsons, Sasa, etc).
Volume: 1 brush.
Star Properties: Made with goat hair. Small, but big enough.
Packaging
I like how these brushes are individually packed in pretty good plastic, that allows you to see the brush clearly.
However, there are no testers around, so I literally bought this on leap of faith, as I felt the price is not cheap for a brush of unknown quality.
I haven't seen anyone using Bourjois brushes before.
Bristles
This is quite obviously made of natural hair, namely, goat hair.
It is pretty soft. Definitely not the softest in the whole wide world, but I have no complaints about it on my face. In fact, I feel that the Guerlain Meteorite brush is way more scratchy. So yes, for the price of this, it is really good.
The bristles didn't splay until after I spot clean it with my Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner. I was quite reluctant to use it actually because it really does seem that sprayed out cleaners make goat hair splay. Or maybe, it's really just that goat hair is more fragile, and more susceptible to splaying than synthetic hair.
Anyhow, I am always so paranoid nowadays (after my not-so-good experience with Lauren Luke goat hair brushes) that I put every washed brush in a brush guard and I don't dare to remove the brush guard for at least 3 weeks.
Here are some comparisons of the Bourjois Powder Brush with my Lauren Luke Powder Brush.
Size
The Bourjois one is definitely smaller and slightly less dense than Lauren Luke's. But it is precisely the smaller size that makes it a lot more user-friendly for me, as it fits my face like a dream.
What I Use It For
At first, I tried using the Bourjois brush for applying loose powder, but it just doesn't works as well as a sponge. I find that for loose powder, the Lauren Luke brush is better because it is denser, and smoother on my face, whereas the Bourjois one is made of natural hair, and so less smooth.
I almost gave up using the Bourjois brush because I have no idea what else to use it for other than loose powder.
Yes, so I thought, since this brush is quite a lot smaller, why not try using it for blush!
You can see that the length of the handle is shorter too.
And so I swept the Bourjois brush across my newly snagged darling of a blush, the oh-so-famous Laura Gellar Neopolitan ice-cream-like blush (not real name, momentarily forgotten the real name of this blush).
How incredibly gorgeous the results are!!!
As you can see, the width of the Bourjois brush fits the diameter of the Laura Gellar blush perfectly! So all I ever need to do when applying this blush is sweep across once, and with the highlight side upwards, pull it across from the apples of my cheeks, onto my cheekbones, and up to the top of my ear.
Tadaa! Flawless application.
haha, do not be surprised if my next post is on the Laura Gellar Neopolitan blush.
Price
I think the $14 I paid after discount is quite reasonable for a brush that I find good enough to be used every morning.
I like this. 4/5.
Only gripe is that while this is called a powder brush, and I expected it to able to handle loose powders and powder foundation, it does not those well.
As such, I went on to try using this brush for blushes instead, like the Benefit Sugarbomb, Inuovi blush, and standard M.A.C blushes, and this performs so much better when used with blushes, and not base/face powders.
The size is really just incredibly fitting for my face, such that I can use this to put that pop of colour exactly where I want.
The natural hair bristles also means that I can pick up blush pigments much better than if I use synthetic hair brushes. That said, this works with the Benefit Sugarbomb better than the Benefit goat hair brush that comes with the box!
Definitely wouldn't say this is a must-buy, especially not if you already own blush brushes. But the fan shape and larger width (than standard blush brushes) makes it a perfect blush brush for gradated blushes like the Laura Gellar one, or those limited edition Chanel Horizon de Blush, etc.

0 Yorumlar