Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My lil' Mac Lipstick Collection

Space Song by Beach House
I don't have a very large Mac lipstick collection - so -  this will make it easy for us all. My first ever Mac lipstick was Ruby Woo which I imagine for most Mac first timers and true devotees crop up sooner rather than later in their collection (unless of course ... they dislike red?! *shrieks*). 
Mac has a wide range of shades and textures - I've mainly purchased the matte/retro mattes but, I am really excited to try out the other various finishes on offer and would definitely recommend testing out the range for yourself to find things best suited for you.
Hand Swatches of Mac Lipsticks
Here are my little troop of 8.
Mac Whirl lipstick - matte
Whirl: Described as a dirty matte rose. I agree - Its a very greyish pink that really does resemble how ashen dried roses who lost their life and colour a very long time ago would look. Thus unsurprisingly, I find this colour at times can be a tad lifeless ... Lets, just say I've grown to like/love it because it works nicely mixed with other shades. Personally, I've found mixing this with red, really awakens this decaying bouquet back to life for a soft, subtle but more vibrant look. Alternatively, using brown lip liners will create the ultimate cool toned nude on dark skin.
Mac Stone - matte
Stone: Described as a muted greyish matte taupe brown. It certainly is, muted and grey. For those after a true griege on deep skin, this is it. Reminds me of Whirl but without any pinkness to it. Just like Whirl, you can add a brown liner and wear at leisure or any other tones/products you like ... I find mixing this with a red gives me a pretty rosy purple that is my type of ashen rose.
Mac So Chaud - matte
So Chaud: Described as an intense reddish-orange. Yep very hot/intense. Personally, I think those with a strong golden/yellow undertone will get the best red/orange strength out of it but, perhaps I'm being tone-ist. So Chaud on me can come across very neon bright orange without any red in sight yet, again I've learned to mix/match and live with the fact that sometimes colours may not translate well on me. To create a bright but semi-neutral toned pout I'd mix this with a brown liner that makes an interesting neutral/nude but, it is nice on its own.
Mac Ruby Woo - retro matte
Ruby Woo: Described as a very matte vivid blue-red. This is a gorgeous colour and I can understand why it's so iconic. Ruby Woo is truly the perfect lively red for what I would attest all skin tones. Sure depending on your tone, this red may seem a bit too bright for deeper skin but, with a little liner or soft application, you could have yourself a true cosmetic gem. The retro matte texture does mean that if you do suffer from dry lips or flaking this will be accentuated. I'll never diss Ruby Woo so don't expect anything less than praise coming from this lips. 
Mac Russian Red - matte
Russian Red: Described as an intense bluish red. Hmm I agree but, maybe I'm crazy (my sis thinks I'm colour blind) but, I think Russian red comes across slightly orange on my skin tone which makes it slightly more vibrant than I expected and less like the broody blue-toned red that I had imagined it to be. I think this is definitely a shade that will vary depending on your undertone and skin tone as on lighter skin tones the bluish tones will show up much stronger than it does for me. Overall, I've grown to appreciate Russian Red as 
Mac Sin lipstick - matte
Sin: Described as a deep dark blue red. Yes, it is and yes it is gorgeous. I think this is an exceptionally captivating shade that looks similar (translates well) on various skin tones.  
Mac Flat Out Fabulous - retro matte
Flat Out Fabulous: Described as a bright plum matte. Completely true description. So gorgeous on its own you might feel like its a crime to alter it. Yet, it's a great shade to play around with lip liners for shape/definition. 
Mac Lickable - cremesheen
Lickable: Described as a bright clean blue pink - I totally agree. This is a great fun shade with a jelly creamy texture that can be great for an everyday look or special occasion depending on how sheerly or opaquely you apply it. Creates a really nice finish and I think will suit a wide range of skin tones. A dupe = Essence Like a Princess lipstick.

Lil backstory on Lickable: Armed with a gift card kindly gifted to me by my friend I made my crusade to utilise it on at least one new Mac lip product. Mac has a huge range of lip products so when I say - I swatched to the point where I could swatch no more - I really mean it. I considered getting their liquid lipsticks or another of the mattes (Chilli being high up on the list) but, ended up going for the delectable lickable - with its bright tone, creamy dewy finish, and superfine sparkle. What really took my fancy with this lipstick was the tiny shimmers that really lit up in the store lights which gave it an extra magic. However, in natural light or when applied heavily, the shimmers can get lost in the pigment. Anyway, I really love this shade and have found that is a perfect dupe/match to "Essence Sheer & Shine lipstick in 13 Like a Princess". The main difference them being the shimmers and that Lickable is a tad more pigmented on first swipe than "Like a Princess" but, both can be built up to the same strength.  

There you have it my little Mac collection. 

Have you tried Mac lipsticks?
Any favourite shades/finishes?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar