Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Carmex Girl

living in a lip balm world


I have always been a  lip balm girl. That was until I gained my lip gloss/stick product obsession. Anyway ...whilst I have never really had a problem with dry lips ... I couldn't help being swayed by the many rave reviews that Carmex had with youtubers and beauty bloggers alike.

Carmex has never really been on my radar for lip products. Heck I'll say it - I'm a Nivea Girl. Yeah that's right ... you have a problem with that? When I saw Blistex and Carmex the pacakging looked a bit drab and it was usually advertised for very dry lips - so I felt that it wasn't targeted to me. Yet, with a bit of youtuber/blogger marketing I found myself purchasing Carmex Cherry Lip Balm with SPF 15... so here are my thoughts (I've had it for ages - so I think I know a two or bob about it)

This smells medicated ... yep that's right no cherry smell but a little bit of taste ... but hey Carmex I don't eat my lippies ... so what's up with that?

It gives a menthol feeling - it doesn't tingle but, you do feel something ...
It has SPF which is good for summer days
It is a clear gloss ... no colour, it's not extremely glossy so it's something that you can comfortably wear

Is it the most moisturising lip balm/gloss I've encountered, since I've existed on this planet? ... No it isn't but, its not bad either.

It retails at around £3 for 10g of product ... which is comparison to my much loved Nivea sticks does not compare (for me) in price and quality. The only thing I really like about this gloss is that I used it on my holiday (years ago) and so when I use it, I get memories (sings).

If you're considering purchasing this product - I must let you know that, it would not be the worst choice in the world ... just don't expect miracles. Plus Carmex has now released a mint and strawberry version so you have choice.

All in all, I'll stick to my stick balms. Thank you :)

Ingredients: Petrolatum, Lanolin, Aroma, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Esters, Theobroma Cocoa Seed Butter, Cera Alba, Benzopheone-3, Camphor, Menthol, Vanillin, Synthetic Linalool, Benzyl Cinnamate, Geraniol, Contains Oxybenzone.

Expiration: 24 months.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar