Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Zinc Oxide Nanoparticle Could Lead To Cancer

Zinc Oxide in nano scale could lead to cancer, says a team at NTU, School of Materials Science and Engineering, refer to http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_739226.html

Basically, in nano scale, the ZnO particles can permeate cell membranes, and IF I am not mistaken, nuclear membrane, and therefore, able to attack DNA, in the absence of a certain naturally-produce protein (that acts like defenders against ZnO).

The particular protein that blocks ZnO can be produced in majority of normal cells in every normal human being if I don't read this article wrongly. However, I am unable to tell from the article what the percentage of people with this protein are, and what are the chances of one of our cells not producing it.

I think this is not really news to a lot of you girls, who are very hardworking, and go around forums and blogs reading, but now that there is stronger evidence towards confirmation, what are your thoughts?

The only product I know that uses nano-sunscreen particles is Smooth-E, the one that tout the White Babyface cleanser. I have blogged about that, but I was cautious, and didn't buy their sunblock due to the uncertainties about nanoparticles used in skincare and cosmetics.

I have my reservations about gene-tweaking products too, which are by now, rampant on the high-end skincare market.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar