Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: L'Oreal Excellence Creme Dye 8.1 Ash Blonde (lightening brown hair DIY)

Hello ladies,

a few months ago I wanted to get my hair darker after the summer sun had made it glassy and brassy. I had it darkened professionally but I quickly became unhappy with the result. My hair was way too dark for me and it made me melancholic for the summertime. I wanted my hair lighter again.

I chose for the shade L'Oreal Exellence Creme in 8.1 Ash Blonde to get a noticable result. I have a lot of experience with lightening my dark hair with blonde dyes so I mostly know what I am doing.



I decided to go for a box dye again. Never thought I would end up in this situation again. After years I had finally grown my natural out completely in 2017, and there I was, dyeing it again.

To get right to it, here are my before pictures:











Here are the after pictures:







Wow! Right after dying my hair was ah-ma-zing! It was thick, soft, shiney, souple, full and glossy! And the color was absolutely perfect! It was golden, ashy, even toned and lighter! Straigtening went like a dream!

Ok, so I needed daytime pictures.







Ok, so, clearly it wasn't as perfect as in artificial light. In the sunlight you can clearly see copper shades and even dryness.

The amazing thickness, smoothness and shine also went away quite quickly, like after the first wash, my hair had the typical symptoms of hair that was fried from dyeing. It become very hard to comb my hair while wet. The color also started to fade and started to show the botched dark dye again. The light dye didn't adhere very well to both types of dye they used at the hairdresser, so now I'm left with different strokes of shades near my roots.

In order to fix this I might try a light brown shade this week.

In general I am quite pleased with the result. It does look quite brassy for an ashy shade, so I keep using my lovely Wella Cool Blonde shampoo to tone it down.

x

Helena

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar