Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bloggy Meet Ups

I started this blog back in September 2010 and I started The Good Life blog in April 2009, yet until recently, I'd never met any of the friends I've made through blogging.

It seems funny that the first blogger I should meet would live on the other side of the world, but when Susan from Granny Smith's Quilting emailed me to say she was coming over to England and would I like to meet up, I jumped at the chance.


It was the beginning of September when we met for the first time. Susan suggested we meet at Temple Newsam, a place I've mentioned on my blog many times, and it was a beautiful day. Her hubby was with her, but as it was midweek, Mick was at work so couldn't make it. Eleanor was still on holiday from school at this time so she came with me and we took Archie too.


It was a bit like going on a blind date, having never met, or even spoken before, however, there was no awkwardness at all, we got on like a house on fire and it was as though we were old friends, which of course, we are really after all the chats we've had online.


Susan brought me a wonderful gift, a beautiful crochet hook holder which she'd made herself.


There's plenty of room for all my crochet hooks.


The crochet print fabric is so appropriate, and it makes me smile just looking at it.


Whilst she's been over here, Susan's met up with quite a few bloggy pals and one she was eager to meet was Anne from Marmalade and Catmint. As Anne lives fairly close to me, Susan suggested that we all meet up together. It was arranged that we'd meet on the Sunday just gone at Temple Newsam again, but this time, as it was a weekend, Mick managed to make it too. Anne brought her hubby too, so there were six of us altogether and we all got on really well.

We were lucky with the weather again, a lovely crisp, autumn day.


We had coffee accompanied by lots of chat in the tea room and then we went for a walk down by the lake, passing some gorgeous donkeys on the way.



Thank you, ladies and gents, for a lovely morning, both Mick and I really enjoyed it.

Susan is jetting back to Australia later on this afternoon. I wish her and her hubby a safe journey home. It was wonderful to see you both, and terrific to meet up with Anne and her hubby too.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar