Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Flooding; Jimmy Sangster

Many of you were thoughtful enough to e mail and phone today to see how the Gormans are holding up during the flood.

Carol's in Connecticut babsyitting our two youngest grandkids while their parents go to a weekend wedding ceremony. I'm home with the four cats, two of them five week old kittens. Last night we were in a tornado watch so I put all four of them in our bed and closed us in. I figured it'd be easier to get them to the basment if they were at hand. Never try to sleep with four cats, especially if they're little ones.

We're safe from the flooding because we're several miles from downtown. Much more rain is on the way and there is the serious prospect of a tornado passing through sometime tonight.

The great tragedy is those four poor Boy Scouts who died when a tornado ripped into the cabin where they had sought shelter. Hard to imagine what their parents are going through.

----

Vince Keenan's saluting screenwriter/novelist Jimmy Sangster tonight. After reading Sangster's engaging autbiography I decided that if I ever grow up I want to be just like him.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar