Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ministry Of Silly Walks


What is it about a Little Egret that makes you think of Monty Python? Yes I know I'm showing my age, but some of you may remember the sketch with John Cleese doing his funny walk. I was reminded of that sketch as I strolled down the beach this morning.

It was meant to be heavy rain, fortunately the weather men failed. Just as well. I do love a sunny birthday to celebrate my great age. What better way to spend the morning than at the edge of the tide, as it slowly lapped its way up the beach. One Little Egret was having a wonderful time in the shallows, using that amazing beak to dig into the puddles for food. In between eating he had me in fits of laughter with his silly walk.








A pair of common gulls looked on in disdain and the geese were at the water's edge too finding breakfast.



It was a very still scene, washed out and smelling of summer to come.




Back in the garden I have had my own birthday serenade. A very young goldfinch sang from the roof top, while Mr Robin hopped around very close, singing as he went. What more could a woman ask for. Hope your day is going well.

Barbara xxx 





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar