Salad?
What does that bring to mind?
Greens? Tomatoes? Onions?
Well, folks, this will forever alter your vision of SALAD!
click on photo for recipe
Lulu decided it would be great fun to make
PRETZEL SALAD
After crushing the ONLY PRETZELS I had in the house
(this is important later in the story)
we put them in the oven at the recommended temperature
and set the timer.
After about 4 minutes (out of 10)
I smelled something burning.
Uh-Oh
Ummmm...Remember this was the LAST of the pretzels!
Too late to turn back now because the other part of the
SALAD is already done.
Well, that means I have to take a trip to the store-
10 miles and 30 minutes later we are ready
to try it again.
Ummm...this time we leave the crust in less time
and then have to let it cool.
However,
By now the Jello has "set up" and doesn't
want to spread over the cream cheese mixture.
Now it looks like CRAP this!
And it served up like THIS.
Ummmm.NOT pretty.
I'll tell you a secret.
Want to know why the crust burned?
Ummmm...Wellllllll....
Remember how I was bragging on my great
double oven the other day?
I had used the top oven to broil something
for the kids
BEFORE we started the SALAD.
I set the LOWER oven to bake the pretzel crust.
GUESS WHICH oven I put the crust in?
Uh-huh-UPPER OVEN! TWICE.!!
Hey- I never said I was a SMART cook.
I just like to eat!
SweetCheeks says-
Pass the spatula!
She loves the
SALAD DRESSING!
By the way- I have made this before
and it is DELICIOUS!
I'll be around late today-
I am meeting my daughter for a
fun day with kids and lunch
between my house and hers.







0 Yorumlar