Good morning and Happy Sunday! It's 7:30 AM and I'm sitting in my favorite chair with a big cup of black coffee and my laptop. Once again, the week flew. It began with thirty roses for our thirtieth wedding anniversary and dinner at our favorite inn/restaurant, where the halls were decked and ready for Christmas. Midweek we took my father out to lunch to celebrate his 80th birthday. Later we sang and he blew out the candles on a pumpkin pie, his favorite.
In the midst of all the celebration, and perhaps just as remarkable, it is December 6 and we still have had nothing more than a trace of snow! It looks as though this weather pattern will continue for at least another week..
Finished this week//
The Red Garden by Alice Hoffman
For book club, I'll share my thoughts after our meeting.
Current reading//
Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
A National Book Award winner, written in verse
Emma by Jane Austen
Started this on Friday for the #Emma200th Readalong .. loving it already.
On the blog//
Book Brief: Guaranteed to Bleed by Julie Mulhern
#AMonthofFaves: 5 Popular Books Worth the Hype
Tuesday Intro: The Red Garden
The Classics Club: Spin #11
New books in the house//
Although I vowed not to load up on books prior to the TBR Triple Dog Dare, it appears I am doing just that...
Death With an Ocean View by Noreen Wald (Netgalley)
My cozy mystery phase continues...
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
Another kindle daily deal... I need an intervention!
by Anthony Trollope
It's Trollope and Christmas!
by Denise Kiernan, narrated by Cassandra Campbell
Audible had a sale last week.
Around the blogosphere//
Speaking of the TBR Triple Dog Dare, Andi at Estella's Revenge has started a project (dare I call it a movement?) that will be a priority for me in 2016. She's calling it #ReadMyOwnDamn Books. Is that a great hashtag or what? I should probably count the number of unread books on my shelves and kindle, but I'm afraid to do that. Maybe later this week...
Sheila at Book Journey is hosting First Book of the Year: 2016. It's easy and fun to participate.
There is another Classics Club Spin coming up - number 11! Check back Monday morning to see which book I will read before February 1.
The week ahead//
I MUST do my Christmas shopping. That's it... no other goals. Wish me luck.
How was your week? What did you read?
This post will link to It's Monday, What Are You Reading? hosted by Kathryn at Book Date.











0 Yorumlar