Suchet has worked so hard to match the image in the books that I always see him in my "mind's eye" as I read. He seems to be the "definitive" Poirot.
So who were the others?
My research suggests there have been at least 12.
Wikipedia has a page about Poirot, where the name came from etc.
Here is how Hastings described him:
- He was hardly more than five feet four inches but carried himself with great dignity. His head was exactly the shape of an egg, and he always perched it a little on one side. His moustache was very stiff and military. Even if everything on his face was covered, the tips of moustache and the pink-tipped nose would be visible.
The neatness of his attire was almost incredible; I believe a speck of dust would have caused him more pain than a bullet wound. ... this quaint dandified little man
Over on the right you'll find a poll asking you to choose one - do take it!
Does David Suchet win hands downs?

0 Yorumlar