The Gruyere Brioche Braid from the book Coffee Cakes: Simple, Sweet and Savory by Lou Seibert Pappas is the next bake for the members of The Home Bakers. The Home Bakers is hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours. If you are keen to join us, please contact Joyce.
I have never had Gruyère cheese before and found it to be creamy, nutty and flavourful. Named after the town of Gruyères in Switzerland - it is sweet but slightly salty and has a flavor that varies widely with age. With age, the cheese will become more assertive, earthy and complex.
Gruyère is the cheese used in this recipe and it made a very delicious eggy brioche. The texture is soft and fluffy and it's one of those breads that is lovely on its own or perfect served with a bowl of savoury soup. Although the recipe did not call for it, I sprinkled some of the cheese on top of the bread before baking to give it a more "chees-y" look.
This recipe was chosen by Alice of I Love. I Cook. I Bake. Please go to her blog for the full recipe.



0 Yorumlar