Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A New Year

Hey!
We are five days into a new year where good intentions and new resolutions are drawn out with the highest hopes that they will become part of our life if it is to get fit, kick that bad habit or start a new one. Sometimes they work and other times they don't, for me that was pretty evident last year when I had 8ish goals for the year and accomplished one. This year, I am making goals/plans that are realistic and I will actually do. Last year, due to stress and other fun things like illness, I didn't complete a lot of my goals.

Drive, Drive, Drive!

I thought last year would be the year that I got back to driving but it truly wasn't due to many health-related reasons. I hope this year to book my driving test and fingers crossed pass it. I really want to be able to independent and drive by myself even if I don't have a car. I would be halfway there!

Read 5 Books

2018 wasn't a great reading year for me, I had set my reading challenge at 16 books and only read 5 and it was a struggle. That's the reason why I decided to reduce my challenge to 5 as I know I will be busy with college and life in general. I want to find my love again for reading as it is so nice to sit down and read a book. Currently, I am reading 'The Skin Nerd' by Jennifer Rock and I am really enjoying learning about what effects skin. I also want to read Empire of Storms and The Tattooist of Auschwitz. I've brought my Kindle out from hiding as I have 6 months of Amazon Prime Reading so I don't have an excuse about not having space in my bag for a book.

Blog

I want to get back in the groove of blogging, as I'm writing this my inspiration for posts is coming back after a very long hiatus. I hope to blog as frequently as possible, whatever that is, ideally every Saturday but I won't be pulling my hair out over a post not going up a particular Saturday. I want to continue posting on Insta and maybe get a little better at that too as I am never consistent.

Explore Cork

I have really become a Corkonian myself since I started college in UCC in September but I haven't done much exploring of the city apart from the nightlife. I've a spread in my bullet journal dedicated to all the places I'd like to go to and places I'd like to eat in and encourage me to explore this city that I will be calling home for the next 4 years. 

Spend More Wisely 

I love shopping like the next person but I feel like I have enough stuff to not shop as frequently anymore. I want to spend my money more wisely and instead of spending it on meanless things to use it towards new experiences and adventures with friends or by myself. I won't stop shopping but I don't need another Harry Potter t-shirt from Penneys.

A Memory Jar for 2019

I have seen this idea all over Pinterest for the last few years and I've always wanted to do it. So basically, by the end of the year, I should have all the memories and funny moments written in a jar and I hope to open it on New Year's Eve and read all of them.

Reduce Time on Spent on Phone

I like everyone spends too much time on my phone, it's the last thing I look at at night and the first thing I look at in the morning. I found that it really has become a problem as I am mindlessly scrolling through Twitter and Instagram for hours with no benefit. I hope to reduce my phone time by 10 minutes a week on average. My average is around 5-6 hours and I want to get that down to 3-4 hours by the end of the year.

What are your goals for the new year?

Thanks for being awesome,


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar