Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Invitation with illustration for fashionshow in Qatar





First thumbnail sketches. Graphite and felt tip on paper. 21,0 x 29,7 cm. 
A friend who lives in Qatar asked me to make an invitation for a fashionshow in Qatar with Dior, Love Moschino, Fornarina etc. First, I wanted to have a girl with casual clothes, but it it didn't felt right, so I changed the outfit. The combination of the man and the child in the middle looked like a 'boring family', so I changed the composition as you can see on the right.


I love the maxi dresses from the D&G woman fashion show summer 2011, so inspired by that I made the dress.
~

Graphite on paper. 3 cm x 5 cm.
This is a really rough sketch, as you can see. It's actually a little thumbnail sketch, but i've made it bigger. 
~
 Moschino platform sandals.
I chose these cute heels, because I needed some reference for the girl. 
~

Clean sketch, graphite on heavy paper. 29,7 x 42 cm. 
The woman is getting the most attention now and I like the way the little girl is looking behind the dress. The wind is blowing off the roses of the dress, so that gives it a little bit of fantasy.
~
 Graphite on heavy paper and Photoshop. First color combination. 
~
Graphite and Photoshop. 
Second color combination. I really love it when everything has similar colors, combined with one color that really stands out. 
~

I needed a nice artcase that I can carry around with me, because I do that everyday.  Then I realised that my friend (http://www.rozemary.web-log.nl/)gave me a very very supercute iron case a LONG time ago. It was always a decorative thing in my room but i've put the shoe stuff out and now it's ready to be my cute artbox!
~
My favorite art supplies inside my artcase: 
#1: Mechanical pencils. I have 2 from Graphgear 1000 Pentel, I love them. 
#2: Pentel refills, 2B is my favorite. And refills from steadler! They come in different colors and I just want to buy every color now because they are so nice! (watch out: they break easily)
#3: Caran d'Ache 4B 7B 9B for shadows.
#4 Eraser. Right on the top I have a little heartshaped box where I keep my eraser safe. Because it's a sticky one (like clay). If you know the english word, please tell me!
#5: Smudgetool. I just love this tool because you can make very nice shadows with this! It's made of a roll of paper. I've put some tape around it otherwise my eraser is sticking to it.
#6: Ballpoints  in other colors, like red and pink because it gives nice effects to change from time to time. For my black ballpoints Bic is really nice.
#7: Black fineliner from On the run, 0,9, waterproof. It's good to fill larger spaces that needs to be really black and combine it with other material.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar