Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Some Salute 2014 Pictures and My View on the Show

Yes I know it has taken me a few days to get these posted and I really cannot say the wait was worth it but here they are. But firstly I have to say a few things about the show. Now this is the first time I have been to Salute at the Excel centre and God it is huge. It took me and Mrs PK really the whole day to walk around looking at stuff, which in its own right is a good thing.

It is good to see so many traders and games there but it is mainly the mainstream ones, hardly any little companies there, I better it is cost. Saying that it was good to see Warbases and Reivers there and it looked like trade was good on both stores.The one thing I did notice was a lack on Very British Civil War on sale, only two places had the books that I saw, Gripping Beast and Reiver, but it was go to see that the boys at Gripping Beast have the full Musketeer Range was them.

But there was a couple of things that I was disappointed by the show, firstly the lighting, it was bad, leaving me to thing that my eye sight had got worst and everything was a bit foggy and the second thing was actually one of the members from South London Warlord's at the clubs LotR display who was getting so upset with people wanting to take photos and asking questions and just wanted to play the game. Well to him from one who puts on display games at large shows, the first thing is the public, you are playing in a public area and actually the point of display games is to well to display the hobby. If you want to play the actual game may I suggest that I show is not the place to play it. Yes this a minor thing but actually it made me a bit annoyed with the whole show and the chap had the wrong attitude in my opinion.

It was great to meet up with so many blogger especially Tamsin from Wargaming Girl, Clint from Anything But a One, thanks for the fudge as both Mrs PK and myself enjoyed that greatly, Michael from 28mm Victorian Warfare and his good friend Provost Marshal, and also to Loki, Fran, Ray, Postie and all the other bloggers that I failed to talk to. Also it was good to meet up with some many VBCBers and it was good to see people actually buying the dice.

So to sum up the show was very good, I think I still prefer Partizan as it has more atmosphere but it was good. Now enough of me rabbiting and on too the pictures.

The Long, Long, Longest Day Queue
 VBCW Game



 Painting Competition

 
 Some Colonial Marines, Lost I think

Some Sci-Fi game

Dropzone Commander




The United Irishmen Rebellion of 1798


Great War Game

Dead's Army Game put on by Mike at Trouble at T'Mill blog




A Dune Game




Ben Hur

Mutant Chronciles and I have a real soft spot for this.


Sword Beach and it is amazing

South London Warlords LotR Game with added grumpy gamer





The VBCWers

The Bloggers

A VSF Game on Mars


Empire of the Dead Game



4Ground Stuff





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar